Monday, November 17, 2008

Back

"Next stop Old Greenwich, then we're in Stamford. Wouldn't want you to be sleeping. The station yard is has scary stuff, big rats. The yardmaster makes terrible carvings."
With these surreal words the conductor shook me awoke. I was totally passed out on the metronorth train, something I'm normally not able to do. That's an exact quote, as least as well as I can remember it.
Almost everything that could go wrong on the trip back did and I'm glad to be home.
I met lots of database luminaries this weekend, the guy who founded MySQL, the guy who founded SQLite, the guy who invented BLOBs, and pretty much everyone who's ever written a book about MySQL. I learned all sorts of esoteric knowledge. I'm eager to see the videos of the sessions in other tracks I missed.  Monty seemed pleased that I seemed to like the strange scandinavian fish-flavored drink he tried to make everyone try after the sessions ended on Saturday.

No comments: